Thursday, November 10, 2005

New title:

“She shivers in the wind like the last leaf on a dying tree. I let her hear my footsteps. She only goes stiff for a moment.” For film-noir, women are always inferior to men. Has the genre extended far from this pre-feminist, societal view?

Changed Title:

“She is my warrior woman. Always, and never.” Matraichal and Pathriachal have always contested for supermacy in the various forms of film noir, with voice moreso given to men. Has the genre and its hybrids extended far from this pre-feminist, societal preference?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariam Raja said...

the quote is kinda confusin...i dnt no..maybe its just me! maz x

6:41 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Hehe, you're both very right. It is confusing. You have to have watched the film (at least the first part) and read the question a few times to fully grasp what I'm trying to say, unfortunately! =/

Why I used the quote: The quote is one of the first lines in the movie, for the "short sketch" that Frank Miller was shown by his co-director that persuaded him to make Sin City a film.

It was said by a guy, before he shot a girl. The girl went "stiff for a moment" while she was holding on to him, "like the last leaf on a dying tree". It's a similie (the words) followed by a metaphor (the girl). Showing that men > women in Film Noir movies. But I have to admit I've been thinking of a better title since I posted that, and I see that I'm not the only one who didn't like it much. =)

By the way, Iena, don't complain when my manly brain gives me better coursework. But don't be upset either. I know your pretty mind is better for things like the kitchen. ;)

Now, if you don't mind, I have to continue digging my own grave with this sexist shovel. One second, I'm almost done.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home